How to hire foreigners at a convenience store

In order for a foreigner residing in Japan to work, it is necessary to have a status of residence corresponding to the job type or a status of residence without work restrictions.
Unfortunately, if you are trying to hire someone for customer service at a specific convenience store, it is not permitted.
Convenience store customer service is judged to be ineligible for the "Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services" qualification, and the same applies to other working visas.
Convenience stores also use terminals to place orders with headquarters, but unfortunately this is not recognized as "work that requires specialized skills or knowledge."
However, for example, if a company that manages multiple convenience stores hires you as a manager who manages multiple stores rather than as a customer service representative at a specific store, there is a high possibility that you will be permitted.
Therefore, when hiring a person in charge of customer service at an individual store, it is needed to hire a person who has a status of residence without work restrictions such as "Spouse of Japanese National" or "Spouse of Permanent Resident".
Of course, when hiring as a part-time worker, it is possible to hire a person with a status of residence of "Student" or "Dependent" who is permitted to engage in activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted.

If you are thinking of hiring a foreigner, please contact us.