What is “International Services” under the “Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services” status of residence?

One of the statuses of residence that allows foreigners to work in Japan is "Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services."
Among these, the applicable scope of “International Services” is defined as ``translation, interpretation, language instruction, public relations, advertising, or overseas trading work, design related to clothing or interior decoration, product development, and other similar work.''
Therefore, any other type of business will not be recognized as “International Services”.
Some of the foreigners who come to our office for consultations say, "There are some foreign employees and customers at restaurants and convenience stores, so I would like to work as an interpreter with a statuses of residence of “Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services'' .
However, interpreting work requires that the majority of the work be interpreting work, and only occasional interpreting is not recognized as interpreting work.
Generally speaking, in the case of restaurants and convenience stores, customers come to the store for the purpose of eating, drinking, and purchasing goods, so interpreters are rarely needed, and interpreting services are not recognized as necessary.
Therefore, with the residence status of "Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services", you cannot work as a customer service worker at a restaurant or convenience store.