Foreigners enrolled in Japanese high schools are exempted from paying tuition if they meet certain requirements.

If you are a foreigner living in Japan who wants to go on to high school but finds it difficult due to financial reasons, you can use the High School Tuition Support Fund System to reduce the burden of your classes. increase.
In the case of public high schools, the burden of tuition fees is 0 yen, and in the case of private high schools, the burden of tuition fees is partially or 0 yen.
However, it is necessary to meet conditions such as annual income requirements of parents and admission to designated schools.
If you graduate from a Japanese high school, you will be allowed to change your status of residence to "Long-Term Resident" or "Designated Activities" (with some conditions), so you will be able to work in Japan.

See the link below for details.(Information in Japanese)