Be careful about revoking your status of residence

A foreigner's status of residence is granted according to the content of their activities, so if the content of their activities changes, it is necessary to apply for a change of status of residence.
If you do not engage in activities based on your status of residence for the following period, your status of residence will be revoked.

  • For status of residence for foreigners based on the activity in which one engages:3 months or longer
  • For “Spouse or Child of Japanese National” and “Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident” status of residence:6 months or longer

If there is a change in the content of the activity, it is necessary to apply for the change immediately.

If you are unsure of how to apply, please feel free to contact us.