Status of residence when moving from a foreign company to a branch office in Japan

Not limited to large companies, there are many companies that are expanding globally, and naturally it is no longer unusual for employees to be transferred across countries.
When a foreigner who works for a foreign company is transferred to a branch office in Japan, I think that they often consider the status of residence of "Intra-company Transferee" or "Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services".
The status of residence of “Intra-company Transferee” and “Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services” are the same in terms of activities, but in the case of “Intra-company Transferee”, the point is that it is limited to transfers within the same company, etc.
Of course, in the case of an “Intra-company Transfer,” it is not permitted to leave the company and change jobs to another company.
In addition, in the case of "Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services", it is necessary to meet the educational background or work experience requirements, but in the case of "Intra-company Transferee", there is no question of educational background.
Therefore, when transferring from overseas to a branch office in Japan, it is necessary to consider the requirements for each status of residence before considering which status of residence to apply for.