When the status of residence is revoked

Foreigners residing in Japan are granted status of residence according to their activities.
The “Student” status of residence is for receiving education at Japanese universities and other schools, while the “Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services” status is for working at Japanese companies, etc.
If you do not engage in these activities for three months or more, your status of residence will be revoked.
In addition, even if a person with the status of residence of "Spouse or Child of Japanese National" or "Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident" has not engaged in activities based on their status or position for six months or more, they are also will be revoked.
If your status of residence is revoked, you will be subject to deportation.
Therefore, if your activities in Japan change, it is important to notify the Immigration Services Agency as soon as possible.