Notification when a foreign woman becomes pregnant in Japan

In Japan, when a woman becomes pregnant, she must submit a pregnancy report to the municipal office or health center.
You can receive the Maternal and Child Health Handbook by submitting this pregnancy report.
Pregnancy notifications are to be submitted regardless of nationality or status of residence, so even couples of foreigners must submit it.
By receiving the Maternal and Child Health Handbook, you will be able to receive maternity checkups and other public services, so be sure to submit a pregnancy report if you are pregnant.