What is the status of residence of a foreign child adopted by a Japanese person?

If a Japanese adopts a child of a foreigner living in Japan, the child's status of residence will be as follows.
① If the adopted child is a special adopted child, "Spouse or Child of Japanese Nations"
② In the case of ordinary adoption under the age of 6, "Long-Term Resident"
Therefore, if neither ① nor ② above applies, you will need to apply for another status of residence.
However, even if the adopted child is 6 years old or older, the status of residence of "Long-Term Resident" may be recognized in special circumstances.